Karna Vidya Technology Centre (K.V.T.C.) is an exclusive technology centre for the Visually Impaired requires your support to Volunteer your Vision in helping increase the employability of Visually Challenged youth.
Vision – Empowering Visually Impaired through Employment
KVTC caters to 325 candidates with visual impairment currently and deliver vocational training towards employment of candidates
Volunteer Requirements at KVT
· Need support with Software installation.
· Need Support to demonstrate the software to candidates.
· Need improvement in spoken English.
· Need Support in creating educational materials.
· Need Volunteers to be a part of Employability Training visits – Visit to ATM to understand how it works, Visit to shopping mall – Exposure to mall culture, Visit to Bank – Understand Banking process like cash deposit, ATM card application etc.
To start Volunteering you have to attend one of the general volunteer workshops which consists of
· Grouping of Volunteers.
· Disability Awareness games – to understand disability from the perspective of a person with disability.
· Basic Sign Language and Braille workshop
· How to address a person with disability – Game.
Date & Time: will be communicated in advance
Place: Address – Karna Vidya Technology Centre RR Towers III, Thiru-Vi-Ka Industrial Estate, Guindy, Chennai – 600 032. Raghu: Mobile: 9444976822, 9840018012
Please sign up below