NDTV and Fortis has taken up the cause of organ donation and creating awareness through the campaign – More To Give.
There is an increasing need of organs for transplantation. Lakhs of patients suffering from end-stage organ failure such as kidneys, liver, heart, lung, pancreas and more will be benefitted. Negative perceptions and a general lack of actionable concern are the key challenges faced along this journey. If we officially pledge our organs, each of us, on passing, can save up to 8 lives by way of organ donation. Even in death, we can give life to those waiting in the dark.
A pledge walk for organ donation is organised across 7 cities. Participate in this Organ Donation Walkathon to support the cause and bust the myths around it. Details are given below:
Date: 26 November 2017, Sunday
Timing: 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM (all cities listed below)
City and Venue:
- Bengaluru: Fortis Hospital, 154/9, Bannerghatta Road, Opposite IIM-B, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076
- Chennai: Besant Nagar Beach (Elliot’s Beach)
- Delhi: Safdarjung hospital sports injury lawn (Please note changed venue)
- Gurugram: Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Sector 44, Opposite Huda City Centre, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
- Jaipur: Jawahar Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Mohali: Fortis Hospital, Sector 62, Phase – VIII, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar
- Mumbai: Fortis Hospital, D-702, Goregaon-Mulund Link Road, Mulund West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400078