All too often, those in need are the easiest to overlook. Busy in our lives, we hardly get time to stop & share a word of comfort. We do want to help out but we don’t know where to start.
A sandwich is the easiest way to start a conversation with anyone. This campaign is an opportunity for you to chat & listen to the stories of our less privileged friends; their circumstances & their challenges.
Just go out, share & build a new appreciation – for a simple an act of kindness can make a big difference.
How does it work?
- Get 5 of your friends/family members/co-workers
- Bring your supplies- bread, butter, cucumber, tomatoes, salt & pepper, wrapping foil, knives, chopping board, spoons etc
- Make 50-100 Sandwiches & pack them carefully in paper/foil/zip-locked bags
- Identify a location, go out & share your sandwiches with people in need
- Talk & listen, know their likes/dislikes- get to know them. It’s going to be a powerful experience
- Document your drive by taking photos & videos. Do share them on social media with the hash tags #SevaSandwich #DaanUtsav #Volunteers
- Once your Seva Sandwich drive is over, do not forget to share the success of your drive with us!
Do you want to know how it all started?
Read ‘An Evening to remember’ by Rahul Nainwal, iVolunteer on www.sevasandwich.org