The time of the year is back! Bhumi partners with CII for India@75 National Volunteering Week (NVW) which envisions what India should be in its 75th year of independence and seeks to bring everybody together in order to create an eco-system for structured volunteering in India.
Alchemy India is committed to providing cutting edge training programs by working with corporate and social organizations. Their training comprises of a comprehensive curriculum covering Communication and Career Skills. Our trainers’ have worked with over 7000 people in the last eight years across the nation & their track record include training students from over a 100 colleges and professionals from companies like IBM, Synowledge, Landmark Group, HTMT, 24/7 Customer, Accenture, Wipro, Infosys, Leap Start, BOSCH, KARVY, CISCO etc.
Alchemy is looking for interns for 3 verticals – Training/Research, Technology and Media/PR.
The Interns will have an exposure to the following world class higher end training programs.
1. Communication and leadership- Rigorous application module on access to next level leadership and an insight in to effective communication. Learning sessions on Personal Development.
2. Training and coaching, Media and web based projects- Learning Partners will be operating on our current projects which include technical, design and HR based training and coaching. These projects are running on a National scale and hence an exposure and experience to lead such projects with talented minds on a large scale.
The training and coaching projects will be coupled with a personal growth plan keeping in mind a holistic personal goal development and a specific company/team development goal in order to ensure effective application of the training and coaching.
Research / Learning Partner
- Conducting training sessions on Communicative English, Employability skills & Personality Development
- Selected Students will be trained to deliver programs in our social & corporate sessions
- Interns will coach candidates either 1on1 or in small groups on Employability, Language & Performance enhancing skills
- Research projects on addition of mew modules, upgrading existing modules for the purpose of Training.
Technology/PR & Design
- Designing Web pages and Blogs
- Video / Audio editing and design
- Basic Software Coding Knowledge
- Working with Social Media and Social Networking platforms to enhance the social impact
- Working on online and digital learning platforms for program design
Media & Public Relations
- Working with media houses & HNI’s to spread the success stories & engage communities to participate in this transformation
- Making documentaries & Short films on success stories
- Capturing the transformation in their lives
- Capturing the financial & social impact on their families
- Working on Social Media and Social Networking platforms to create awareness and PR initiatives
Venue: Bangalore (St.Mark’s Road).
Time: Weekdays – 9am to 1pm OR 2pm to 6pm OR after college hours.
Weekends – 9am to 6pm on Saturdays.
Point of Contact: Banu +91 9036484294 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian School of Development Management (ISDM) have launched Admissions for 1 year Post Graduate Programme in Development Leadership (2017-18) http://www.isdm.org.in/post-
If you are looking for a career in the non-profit sector, we invite you to an exclusive talk by founders of Indian School of Development Management (ISDM) on Skills to succeed in development management
Date: Thursday, Feb 23, 2017
Place: Teach For India, Chennai office: Google Map
Time: 5.30 PM – 7PM
iVolunteer, Impact Guru, IndiaCares, LetzChange and Swatantra Talim are proud to offer 2017 #DaanUtsav Fellowships. We have 7 exciting 6 month Fellowships on offer, evangelising #DaanUtsav from May 4-Nov 3, 2017. To know about the fellowship, click here.
Fellowship selection for 2017 is starting now, with opportunities based in Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Lucknow. Two communications fellowships are also on offer this year. 5 Fellows rocked the first batch, and have graduated to become volunteers, in addition to pursuing their careers. 6 Fellows rocked the 2nd batch this year! Now you can join them in Year 3! Click here to apply for the 2017 Fellowships!
The DaanUtsav Fellowship is an opportunity for young professionals to create significant social change. The Fellowship will enable Fellows to reach out to and mobilise hundreds of thousands of citizens to give, and to experience the joy in doing so. Through this process, fellows will build a lot of hard and soft skills, develop fabulous relationships, grow in confidence, and get in touch with their inner selves. Above all, the Fellowship will help each of them experience the exhilarating joy in giving of oneself to society!
The application deadline for Phase 3 will close soon, so go ahead and apply now!
First Lego League is a program that supports children and youngsters in order to introduce them to science and technology in a sporty atmosphere.
The objective is to:
- make children and youngsters enthusiastic about science and technology
- to equip the participants with the idea of team spirit
- to encourage children and youngsters to solve complex tasks in a creative way
We are looking for five volunteers. Following are the details:
Kanthari is an accredited “leadership for Social Change” vocational training Institute based in Trivandrum, Kerala, South of India. Kanthari offers a seven month experience-based preparation course for social change. The course is especially designed for social visionaries and cannot be compared with any other postgraduate study.
Requirements to apply for the Kanthari program
– A social dream to create a mindset change in their community.
– Participants have to be at least 22 years of age or older
– Basic knowledge in English (reading, writing and speaking)
– Basic knowledge in using computer
Selected Participants will qualify for a scholarship.
Please find answers in the FAQ for more clarity- http://www.kanthari.org/admissions/faq/
Applications for the 2017 Kanthari course are welcome. Apply now!
Deadline for the application: 20th December 2016
Online application form
To ensure high quality training, Kanthari accommodates a maximum of 25 participants per academic year who are chosen through a stringent five-step selection process. Online application form is available at Kanthari website
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
Give a little, gain a lot
Whilst you’ll want to make a real difference when you volunteer, it’s not just about what you can do for others. Volunteers get a lot out of the experience too!
Here are some volunteering activities you can do this weekend. Don’t just make a difference, experience the difference.Click here to sign up
Khan Academy launches India Talent Search
Enter Khan Academy’s India Talent Search, and you could be their next video star! They’re looking for amazing explainers to help build the world’s most comprehensive, engaging library of videos. Don’t miss your chance to win INR 1 Lakh, be considered for a video creation contract with Khan Academy, and meet Sal Khan, the founder of Khan Academy.
They’re looking for submissions primarily in math and science, in English and/or Hindi. If you have a passion for teaching and a knack for making challenging concepts seem simple, send in one of your videos! All entries are due by Dec 12th.
Click here to enter the contest – www.khanacademy.org/r/indiat
IN 2004, A STUDY ESTIMATED THAT MORE THAN 16 MILLION INDIANS VOLUNTEERED. WHAT ABOUT NOW ?
As announced during the iVolunteer Awards on September 27th, iVolunteer is launching a country-wide research, the first of its kind, focusing on recent trends in volunteering in India. Through testimonies form individual volunteers, NGOs, and corporate leaders, combined with multiple surveys and an analysis of the literature, the study will establish a comprehensive overview of the volunteering sector in India.
What differentiates volunteers form non-volunteers, and regular volunteers from occasional volunteers? What makes employees engage within their company’s volunteering programme? How can organizations increase the impact of their volunteers? What are the constraints for individuals? NGOs? Companies? Schools?
These are a few of the questions we wish to answer. To do so, we are gathering your opinions and experiences through a survey. We will study your responses and the analysis will be part of our upcoming report on volunteering trends in India.Make your voice heard
The survey will take you approximately 10-15 minutes, and it is open to volunteers and non volunteers alike. All information collected will be kept confidential and used by iVolunteer only.Please help us by sharing the survey with your friends, family and colleagues.
For more information about our research, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer for Seva Sandwich this Daan Utsav and experience the joy of giving through making sandwiches and distributing to the people. No age bar is required for this activity.
Date – October 8th 2016
Time – 10 a.m to 2 p.m
Venue: Government Primary School,
5th Block, Opp. to Sivan Temple,
Mogappair West, Chennai – 37.
Location Link – https://goo.gl/maps/bbY4H5iFDc22