- Last Date to Apply – June 1st
- On-Boarding Training – June 10-11th
Are you an educated Indian youth looking for an opportunity to create a positive change at the grass-roots level in rural India? Are you one of the young intellectual minds who believes in being the change you want to see in the world? Do you have the passion and ideas to change the face of the rural development in India?
If yes, then the SBI Youth for India fellowship is looking for you. SBI Youth for India fellowship programme is an initiative by the SBI Foundation to reform rural India by teaming up with dynamic, willful and passionate urban youth who believe in being the change.
This fellowship is a 13-month programme, where the Fellows are placed with our reputed partner NGOs in villages across India. Our alumni have worked in the tribal areas of Orissa & Gujarat to high altitude areas in Uttarakhand to dry Rajasthan to the jungles of Kerala and Maharashtra. Our fellows have contributed innovative ideas and solutions to the areas of Education, Health, Livelihoods, Environment, Women Empowerment, Alternate Energy, Technology, Social Entrepreneurship to name a few.
Most of our fellows have continued their passion for development sector, while some have returned to their previous lives with more knowledge and experience. But every fellow has undergone a unique transformation and has touched many lives with their ideas of change.
If you want to be the one, Click to Apply Now!
SBI Youth for India believes in the ripples of change; we seek your co-operation in spreading the news of our SBI Youth for India fellowship programme. We encourage you to reach out to spread the word amongst your Alumni Network, Friends, Ex-colleagues, etc.
Is event promotion your forte? Here is a chance for you to prove and improve your skill – Pinkathon Chennai 2017 seeks aspiring interns.
What is Pinkathon?
The Pinkathon, organized by the United Sisters Foundation (USF), is conceived as more than just a running event. It will see a participation of more than 65,000 women across 8 cities. Right from the start, the Pinkathon was developed more as a community project to spread awareness on the importance of an active lifestyle for women and health issues that put women’s lives at risk.
At the core of this pan India project is the run in each city, built around which are year round training sessions, free offers of medical checkups and mammograms for all participants, training workshops and counseling sessions for various marginalized communities and even a symbolic planting of 1000 trees in each city to make a stronger connection between the health of each individual and the health of the environment. Another green initiative is to encourage the participants to make the Eco Friendly choice of drinking from a reusable cup rather than a disposable plastic bottle on the route. These initiatives, developed by the United Sisters Foundation, are unique to the Pinkathon and are not practiced in any other running event in the country.
The inclusive and empowering nature of this project has encouraged an unprecedented response from women across the length and breadth of the country, from Delhi to Chennai and Mumbai to Guwahati.
Pinkathon Chennai 2017 is scheduled for the 2nd of July. USF seeks 2 interns for organizing and promotion of events. Interns will be given a Letter of Recommendation by the USF.
- Joining: Immediate
- Internship upto: 2nd July
- Skills Required:
1. Good Communication skills
2. Basic knowledge of MS Office (Powerpoint and Excel)
- Languages Known: Tamil, English
- Interns should have laptops with MS Office to work on
- Job Role:
1. Promoting the event in the city in every way possible
2. Assisting in organising the Promotional Events focussed on special groups like Visually Impaired, Hearing Impaired, Cancer Survivors etc
3. Helping in finding leads for Participation and Sponsorship
- Interns will be reimbursed all expenses incurred for the event like travel to offices for meetings, etc
For details and application, contact:
Mobile : (+91) 8879943659
Email : email@example.com
Bhumi is happy to announce that our beloved counterpart, Pravah, is now recruiting candidates for its International Citizen Service (ICS). It is an exciting three-month volunteering programme by Pravah and VSO, funded by the UK Government. The programme offers volunteering opportunities to Indian and UK nationals. The volunteers engage with social and developmental issues, to effectively contribute in local communities and to develop personal skills. ICS volunteers leave the programme as better-informed active citizens with new skills for life – and to offer to potential employers.
WHO CAN APPLY?
ICS is open to 18 to 35-year olds regardless of income, qualifications, disability and work history. You must however meet the following criteria if you wish to apply.
As a volunteer:
- Be aged 18 to 25 at the time you take up your placement (you can apply at 17 if you will be 18 by the time you leave)
- Be committed to attending all trainings which you will be supported with throughout
- Be able to stay away from home for 10 to 12 weeks during your placement
- Be committed to sharing your experience with others and taking action in your local community when you return.
- Be willing to challenge yourself, adapt to different situations and work as part of a team.
As a Team Leader:
- Be aged 23 to 35 years of age.
- Be committed to attend and co-facilitate all trainings (with additional trainings for Team Leaders)
- Ability to plan logically and manage a varied workload
- Ability to work flexibly and on your own initiative
- Be willing to challenge yourself, adapt to different situations and lead a team.
- Have some experience of working with young people and teams.
- Be fluent in English and/ or Hindi
You must be willing to complete the Action at Home Project post the placement and as an ICS volunteer/ Team leader you will be asked to submit reflective write-ups, reports as well as adhere to a code of conduct.
As a Pravah ICS volunteer or Team Leader,
- You will volunteer in a rural community in Rajasthan for three months.
- You will be placed in a team of 20 – 22 volunteers (10 from UK and 10 from India) and will live, volunteer and learn together throughout the programme. This team will be supported by Team Leaders (from UK and India) and a Programme Coordinator in that community.
- You will get the opportunity to interact with diverse groups, live and learn about new cultures through volunteering.
- You will spend three months contributing to impactful development projects that tackle important issues of the community.
- You will be required to design and execute an individual Action at Home project in your home community, within six months of returning from the placement.
The programme pays for travel, accommodation, food, medical costs, and a modest allowance for the three months in host community.
When is the program?
Pravah is recruiting for 3 batches in this year now:
- mid October-mid January
How to apply?
Follow the link and download the application package- http://pravah.org/content/ICS
For any query, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-8586941784.
Send applications to email@example.com
Bhumi wishes the best to all the applicants.
Pravah is inviting participants for its flagship program – ‘Ocean in a Drop’, a workshop conducted for professionals working with young people in any capacity. It is a consolidation of Pravah’s learning of working with youth for the past 20 years with a focus on deepening youth engagement.
Who could attend?
- Teachers, Educators, and HR/Training Professionals
- Individuals working with the youth – volunteers or employees of such organization
- Facilitators and knowledge experts wanting to learn the science and art of working with youth
- Youth and adolescent development practitioners (with minimum of 2-3 years of experience on ground and with direct facilitation with young people as a part of their role)
What will you learn?
- Develop, lead, and implement strategies for deepening your intervention(s) and your organization’s engagement with young people by processing real life challenges that you are facing
- Design and facilitate high impact interventions
- Enhance organizational effectiveness by applying systems thinking to your real world challenge
- Delve into personal transformation
‘Ocean in a Drop’ is powerfully connected with Pravah’s ‘5th space’ philosophy; Participants will be enabled to create and nurture a 5th space for young people that is distinct from the common four spaces – family, friends, career/studies, and leisure/lifestyle. The 5th space is where young people can safely explore the connection of self to society, while experimenting with changing the world and reflect on how the world changes them as well.
Dates of workshop: May 22 – 27, 2017 (A 6-day workshop, 2 days residential)
Venue: Sanskriti Kendra, Arjan Garh Mehrauli – Gurgaon Road, Delhi
Cost: The workshop costs Rs 22,000/- per person.
- Course Fees – Rs.14,000/-(inclusive of resource material, a comprehensive reference manual, facilitation)
- Food and Lodgings – Rs. 8,000/- (food for 6 days and accommodation for the 2 residential days).
An Early Bird Offer is available for 4 people of the same organization at Course Fees- Rs. 12,000/- per person.
Interested candidates/Organizations, kindly contact Ambika or Malavika for registration or for more information:
Landline : +91-11-49052146 / 26440619 / 26213918
Mobile : +91-9910374491
email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Some photos of Ocean in a drop – December 2016
Applications are now open for The Gender Lab Fellowship 2017-18. The fellowship aims to build leadership, employability and entrepreneurship skills among girls (20 to 25 years) through a multi layered ‘service learning’ model
This fellowship will include:
A learning track for fellows to build their personal skills, professional skills and domain-knowledge.
Each fellow training 750 school girls for a 6 month community service based leadership program.
A deep dive into their own gender stereotypes and blocks to their self-empowerment
Objectives of The Gender Lab Fellowship:
Take young women through a practical learning experience that will build their confidence and empathy along with making them socially aware and responsible
Equip women with the required leadership and entrepreneurial skills that will help them in their career
Empower young women by exploring the impact of gender bias and therefore breaking their own stereotypes.
Enable young women to develop a vision for themselves and work towards taking their own decisions and becoming independent.
Last date to apply : 20th April
Fellowship begins in Mid June (final date will be decided in May)
Selected fellows will receive a stipend of Rs.15000/- for 9 months ( July to March)
Teach for India is looking for the brightest minds and hearts in the country to apply for our two-year Fellowship program.
The Fellowship is an opportunity to serve as full-time teacher leaders to children from low-income communities in India’s most under-resourced schools. After the two years, our Fellows become a part of the Teach For India Alumni movement where they work to drive systemic change and realise educational opportunity for all.
The Fellowship is a win-win; Fellows get an opportunity to develop leadership skills that will set them up for a career of their choice while they change children’s lives and build the nation.
Why should your students join the Teach for India movement?
They’ll play a big part in solving India’s ed crisis. The Fellowship enables Fellows to give children the opportunity to change their lives and deepen their understanding of what’s required to attain educational equity. They’ll develop into a strong, caring and effective leader. The Fellowship uses the classroom and community as a lab of leadership where Fellows practice vision, planning, execution and problem-solving, reflection and other key leadership skills. They’ll become a part of a growing network of change makers. The Fellowship will facilitate life-long partnerships and relationships with thousands of Alumni and partners who will support Fellows and deepen their impact as an Alumnus.For more information and to apply for the fellowship, click here
The Chief Minister of Haryana wants to recruit young dynamic professionals to engage with and support some key initiatives and government schemes in the State by providing innovative solutions in processes, implementation and governance.
Through this programme, the Associates will gain:
- Work experience in economic and social development
- Skill-sets to address challenges and implement solutions across agency boundaries
- Access to experienced and senior decision-makers
- Exposure to a broad network of development institutions and actors
Last date – 15th March
Stipend – 50k per month (Approx)
Food, Travel and accommodation will be provided.